Wednesday, January 25, 2006

In and Out


Don't you feel like you were in Rio with me? Okay, maybe not. But at least I gave you a little taste of the culture. Well, here goes the exact opposite for Santiago, Chile. Got in Sunday late at night, to the hotel at about 11PM, they didn't have my reservation at the Hotel Intercontinental, persuaded them to put me up for just one night even though the hotel was full, waited another hour and a half to get into my room, woke up early for focus groups, had them all day, checked out of the hotel and into another called Plaza el Bosque, had a nice dinner, slept, woke up early, groups, had a nice lunch, and left for the airport at about 4PM on Tuesday. That said, from this and my last quick visit, it is an amazingly safe, clean and picturesque city with tree lined streets and surrounded by mountains. Unfortunately I didn't get to take many shots. Here's one I snapped from the top (17th) floor of my second hotel. Apologies Jay, if you thought this post was going to be about your second favorite movie (behind Notting Hill). We can talk about Hugh when I get back to the U.S.

No comments: