Thursday, January 03, 2008

Kicking Off 2008

One of my favorite sites of 4th quarter 2007, had to be someecards. Basically the site is a creative, aesthetically-pleasing, easy to use, and free Blue Mountain with wit and without dancing pink elephants. The cards come close to the line but rarely cross it, and over the holiday period I sent quite a few of them. Like some of you I'm sure, I use the Rule of A Few Randoms as a "tipping point" gauge. So when I received a card from someone from both sexes, three different occupations, two different age groups, and a hipster, I decided it had tipped. But I do not believe it has jumped the shark. In fact, if they continue to keep the one-liners fresh (which would not be too hard), they'll be fine. I think they can be even better if they create yearly archives, let you track the cards you've sent and to whom you've sent them and on which occasions, team up with birthdayalarm or facebook, and/or consider expanding with some new art direction (and copy) to appeal to a different personality type, age group, etc. And that's just off the top of my head - someecards, holla at your boy. Shit, can you believe I'm still saying "holla" in 2008?! Here's a quick example:
Okay, sorry.

Well in that case, I'll just start off with the yearly Gen GuY resolution:
And speaking of resolutions, maybe you'll be inspired by one of the celebrity resolutions on Funny or Die (which is a site to which I'm becoming addicted - wow, that's a lot of which). Look for a video from FoD (that's what the cool kids call it) in tomorrow's IOI.

Feliz Ano Nuevo.

No comments: