Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Keeping In Contact

How is it that Ticketmaster can let me know my $60 Beastie Boys tickets have been confirmed as purchased, printed, and sent (all as separate updates), but my moving company can't give me an update on all of my stuff? Thousands of dollars of items somewhere in Minneapolis (or New York) and thousands of dollars being paid to move them and I can't get anyone to call me back to give me an update on the status. When I finally do get in touch they give me an extended timeframe. No, not the cable company sometime between 9am and 2pm on Wednesday timeframe; the sometime between June 28th and July 4th timeframe. Problem is, they didn't even make that. "It's a busy week, so the best we can do is deliver it Friday (July 6th)." So I've been paying rent on an empty place since July 1st, now have to take a day off in my first month of working, and still don't have my tennis racquets, wine glasses, or Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind DVD (nor my DVD player). Thanks Liberty, Mohawk, United Van Lines and all the other companies you've swallowed up to make this move a more difficult, costly, and a generally unpleasant experience.

P.S. Please call me back if know an hourly timeframe for Friday.

2 comments:

Oakie Chiraskamin said...

Hope it gonna be alright soon. They shouldn't act like nothing happens.

Seth said...

thanks oakie - hope you're enjoying independence day in va.